Nowadays, there are many modern treatments available for facial skin problems, so the appropriate treatment must be chosen with great care by the specialist. One of the most effective ways to rejuvenate the skin is using microneedling technology, as it helps to reproduce collagen and skin tissue for overall smoother looking skin. 12-36 ultra-fine sterile precision micro needles are used in this technique. The needles are simply inserted into the skin, which leads to the formation of small holes that penetrate the surface layers of the skin. These needles result in small superficial wounds that take as long as any wound to
heal. This process aims to stimulate the formation of collagen in the skin, since its production is known to slow down and eventually stops completely as we get older. Microneedling technology is a way to remind the body to reactivate the natural production of collagen and elastin, which then creates a new layer of skin that is thicker and smoother than before.
This precision acupuncture technique helps remove dark spots, surface scarring, fine wrinkles, crow’s feet, acne scars, dark circles and puffs under the eyes to give your face a bright and healthy look. Multiple sessions are needed within a specific time frame, to ultimately make the skin firm and supple, which gives you a younger look. Each session takes place in the clinic, taking no more than an hour. It is considered relatively painless, with the possibility of using a numbing cream for people with a low pain threshold.
Benefits of micro-needling:
1. Treating acne scars, age spots (also called solar lentigens), fine lines, wrinkles, large pores and reduced skin elasticity.
2. Safe for all skin types and skin tones and is considered a ‘color blind’ treatment.
3. A short recovery period. The most common side effect is slight skin irritation after the procedure. Redness may also occur after the procedure, which will resolve spontaneously.
4. It can also be used on different areas of the body for treatment of skin laxity, scars and stretch marks.
5. It solves all facial problems within 3 to 6 months, and requires multiple sessions with a minimum of 4-6 sessions to achieve optimal results.
6. Harnesses the body natural healing ability.
You may notice skin irritation and redness during the first few days after the procedure. This is a normal reaction to the small wounds; made by tiny needles on the skin. You can immediately return after the procedure to normal daily activities. Makeup can be applied the next day, but the skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight, so sunscreen is especially necessary. After the microscopic needles, the epidermis fairly quickly replaces the new tissue. In theory, you should start to notice the results within two weeks and achieve the final result within 6-8 weeks of the session. To maintain the outcomes of the treatment, you will need multiple sessions and possibly other skin boosting complementary therapies.