Wide pore treatment
Wide pores are usually due to hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands in the skin causing excessive oil secretions, as well as loss of elasticity around the pores, which makes the skin less supple and the pores appear enlarged. Treatment options include peeling using chemical peels or laser resurfacing, or micro-needling/dermapen therapy to stimulate growth of new collagen fibers.
What you should know:
- Length of procedure: 15-20 min
- Anaesthesia: topical numbing cream
- Results: 4-6 weeks
- Number of sessions: variable
- Session intervals: 4 weeks
- Maintenance: variable
- Downtime: variable
- Please note: the size of the pores can be predicted based on the genetic background. Treatment sessions can improve the appearance of the pores but never eradicate them completely.